Manually generate the ServerProtect debug log (Spnt.log) using the Registry.
To generate the ServerProtect debug log (spnt.log) using the registry editor:
- On the ServerProtect computer where the problem occurs, go to Start > Run.
- Type regedit to open the Registry Editor. Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\DebugLog\SPNT registry key.
Even if the server is 64-bit, you need to navigate in the key above and NOT in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\TrendMicro\DebugLog\SPNT.If the TrendMicro\DebugLog\SPNT key does not exist, create this manually.
- Create a STRING value called HomeDirectory to define where the log will be saved.
For example, the HomeDirectory value should be
- Create the following DWORD values with the corresponding Value Data:
There is no need to stop or restart the Trend ServerProtect service when enabling or disabling the debug mode. Once debugging is done, restore the DWORD values mentioned above to "0" to disable debugging mode.
To prevent the log file from growing and occupying server disc space, always disable debugging after using.